Progress Against Our Social Business Strategy
Ibadan – Dec 2021
Letter from the Trustees
Dear Donors & Partners,
As the calendar year draws to a close and the festive period gets underway, we hope you will have the opportunity to connect and spend valuable time with family and friends.
2021 has doubtless been an eventful year for the foundation. Prior to our official launch in August, Amoke Foundation (AF) was established as a registered charity in both the UK & Nigeria with the objective of engaging with potential partners, donors, and government departments to solicit support, funding and engage in advocacy & policy reforms with a focus on Sickle Cell Disease (SCD).
In the 4 months since our launch, Amoke Foundation worked closely with our partners to achieve the following:
- Partnered with the University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Nigeria to establish our first pain management hub (PMH) in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Collaborated with Medshare – an international humanitarian aid organisation based in Decatur, Georgia USA to deliver a large consignment of medical equipment and supplies to our hub in Ibadan, primary health care clinics in Oluyole LGA
- Engaging with:-
- a world class bio-engineering laboratory to collaborate in providing low-cost medical equipment and devices
- pharmaceutical companies and world class researchers around clinical trials on drug safety and efficacy
- In the area of policy reforms, AF engaged in dialogue with the health ministry and the senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to resurrect an abandoned dedicated sickle cell centre building in Ibadan, Nigeria. AF is pleased to inform that work has re-commenced on the project and further funding is included in the 2022 budget.
The new year brings new challenges, and we have a few sticks in the fire. A new-born screening project is planned for 2022 in collaboration with our partners and we plan to raise funds for critical equipment like Transcranial Doppler (TCD) machines, Therapeutic Apheresis machine and portable Haematology Analysers.
We are extremely grateful for your support over the past 12 months as, our staff have sought to navigate the changing landscape whilst keeping our focus on the key objective – to Live Well with Sickle Cell.
Have a wonderful festive season!
Advocacy – SCD Building Project
You’ve done noble and congratulations for all that has been done and yet to do.
Keep the flag flying well done
Congratulations on the progress made on this laudable project. More achievement will be recorded in the new year. The vision will not die.
Your laudable programmes and objectives would ensure that many people will get to enjoy many festive seasons like this. Keep it up.
Great initiatives. Congratulations.